What is HypnoBirthing®?
The original and gold standard in preparation for birth.
Comprehensive birthing class that fully prepares you for birth with the knowledge and confidence you need to birth calmly and gently.
HypnoBirthing® is based on the philosophy that when a woman is properly prepared for childbirth free from fear and stress, she can allow her body to function in the same well-designed manner that it does in nature.
HypnoBirthing® – The Mongan Method is as much a philosophy as it is a technique. The concept of HypnoBirthing® is not new, but rather a “rebirth” of the philosophy of birthing as it existed thousands of years ago and as it was recaptured in the work of Dr. Grantly Dick-Read, an English obstetrician, who, in the 1920s, was one of the first to forward the concept of natural birthing. The method teaches you that, in the absence of fear and tension, or special medical circumstances, severe pain does not have to be an accompaniment of labor.
You will gain an understanding of how the birthing muscles work in perfect harmony–as they were designed to–when your body is sufficiently relaxed and you trust birth. You will learn how to achieve this kind of relaxation, free of the resistance that fear creates, and you will learn to use your natural birthing instincts for a calm, serene and comfortable birth.
When you have your baby with HypnoBirthing®, you will not be in a trance or a sleep. What you will experience is similar to the daydreaming, or focusing, that occurs when you are engrossed in a book or a movie or staring into a fire.
You will be conversant and in good spirits–totally relaxed, but fully in control. Awake throughout, you will be aware of your body’s surges and your baby’s progress; but because you will have trained yourself to reach complete relaxation, you will be able to determine the degree and the manner in which you will feel the surges. You will experience birthing in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, free of the fear that prevents the muscles of your body from functioning as nature intended them to. In this calm state, your body’s natural relaxant, endorphins, replaces the stress hormones that constrict and cause pain.
When you complete our class you and your partner will be knowledgeable, empowered, and ready to birth and welcome your baby into the world without fear and with confidence.
“When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change.”
– Marie F. Mongan
- Reduces your chances of unnecessary medical interventions.1
- Reduces your chances of delivering via Cesarean.
- Reduces the use of pitocin, forceps, vacuum extraction, etc.
- Reduces the likelihood that you will ask for pain medication or an epidural.
- Helps you make educated choices in your pregnancy and during birth.
- Feel prepared and confident for birth.
- Understand your birthing options.
- Better able to communicate with your care provider.
- Lowers induction rates.1
- Increases the rate of healthy weight babies.
- Increases your comfort during labor.1
- Shorter labor.
- Increased confidence.
- Gives you the tools to manage and help prevent eventualities.
- HypnoBirthing mothers feel prepared, confident and calm.
- HypnoBirthing’s childbirth education class is thorough and complete.
- Prepares you for the different stages of pregnancy.
- Prepares you for the different stages of birth.
- Prepares you to bond with your baby immediately after birth.
- Covers the basics of breastfeeding and provides you with resources.
- Feel that you have had an overall fantastic labor and birth experience.1
1: HypnoBirthing® Outcomes, Unites States 2005 -2010
HypnoBirthing will prepare you with the confidence and knowledge you need for gentle birth, knowing that you are informed and ready to make the best labor and birth decisions and ready to avoid unnecessary interventions.
Doctors and Midwifes love it! Safer, faster, healthier labor, for you and your baby!
HypnoBirthing® is a trade name for a copyrighted childbirth education program of the HypnoBirthing Institute℠